Following a disaster, you are going to need access to important documents that may be inaccessible or possibly even destroyed. It’s important to make copies of important documents and store them with your emergency preparedness kit:
Consider making copies of documents such as:
- Your Family Emergency Plan
- Family Records
- Wills and Deeds
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account and Credit Card Information
- Policies, Cards, and Records for Home, Medical, Life, Earthquake, Flood, and Auto Insurance
- Tax Records
- Informaiton related to the operation of equipment or life-saving devices that you depend on
- A Small Amount of Cash or Travelers Checks
Be sure to store these documents in a waterproof container. Consider our Waterproof Dry Pak as a place to store your important documents. This 12″ x 16″ Dry Pak seals out water, sand and dust. It is perfect for protecting your important documents. Not only is this pak waterproof, but it floats as well. A perfect addition to any
emergency preparedness kit.
In the event of a disaster, you will need to show documentation to your insurance company should you suffer any damage. Staff members from The University of Illinois have created an awsome booklet to help you document your household inventory.